the blog

Celebrity Fashion, Styles and Trends

Gypsy 05 + Gossip Girl: Win Serena's Top! CLOSED

Wanna dress like Serena Van Der Woodsen on Gossip Girl? Well, quite frankly, who doesn't? I think i dream of her wardrobe at least 5 nights a week. If you saw last week's episode Goodbye Columbus, you should be well aware right now she was in Gypsy 05's Marlee Tunic for a day at school (um, I wish I dressed that cool in college).

Wanna dress like Serena Van Der Woodsen on Gossip Girl? Well, quite frankly, who doesn't? I think I dream of her wardrobe at least 5 nights a week. If you saw last week's episode Goodbye Columbia, you should be well aware that she was in Gypsy 05's Marlee Tunic for a day at school (um, I wish I dressed that cool in college).

So, do you want a chance to win the very top Serena wore? Literally, the exact same one

No, it won't be perfect. Since she wore it for a full day of shooting there might be a little makeup on it, maybe a snag here and there.

Here's what you have to do. Leave us a comment on this blog post, not on Facebook, not in an email (those won't count!) of your very favorite thing about New York. Never been there? That's ok! I'm sure you can dream up something you'd love about the magical city. Be sure to include your name AND your email address in the comment, so we can find you if you win! Winner will be drawn at random on November 1st. That gives you two weeks, Gossip Girls.

What you'll win:

Serena Van Der Woodsen's Marlee Tunic in Royal (size small)

Certificate of authenticity from Gypsy 05 that this is, in fact, the one she wore.

A Gypsy 05 necklace (which one will it be, you ask? It's a surprise!) to perfectly compliment your new blouse.

Good luck, ladies!

XOXO,

Gypsy 05

***Gypsy 05 employees and affiliates are not eligible. This includes but is not limited to, partners, vendors, family members and friends.**

Comments (119) -

• Lindsay

10/19/2010 9:30:30 PM | Reply

I love the the way NYC is alive, breathing, moving, changing constantly. The way a person can get lost or be found all in the same city

• Megan

10/19/2010 9:49:18 PM | Reply

I love that New York has so much energy. You just feel so alive and cant ever be upset because this amazingness is surrounding you from all sides

• Alexandria Ramirez

10/19/2010 10:01:43 PM | Reply

I've never been to NYC. It's my lifelong dream to! I imagine that it is a beautiful place to just relax and take a sit down at the park or possibly be in a crazy, lively, filled Times Square and go to some of the shops around there. It must be such a pretty place at night and full of lights!

• Erin

10/19/2010 10:56:35 PM | Reply

I loooooove gypsy 05 clothing! and the top Serena is wearing is gorgeous! Love the color!

• Kaley

10/19/2010 11:12:06 PM | Reply

What i love about New York is, that it is one of the first places fresh fashion hits the streets! Whither its clothing, food, or the trendiest spas, New York is on top of it all!

• Misty

10/20/2010 12:11:11 AM | Reply

Though I have never been there I would love to at one point in time. I would love to see all the fashion stores and go on the sex and the city tour. I would also like to pay my respects to Ground Zero.

• Erin

10/20/2010 2:14:43 AM | Reply

I love gypsy 05! And I love the top that Serena is wearing! The color is gorgeous!!!

• Hellen Araujo

10/20/2010 9:33:57 AM | Reply

What I love about New York is the variety of people, food and of course FASHION WEEK! SO many different cultures, and talents to experience. I love that the city is Alive and how important fashion is to them.

• Tiara

10/20/2010 12:55:30 PM | Reply

I've never been to new York but of course I hope to go one day. There is so much that I want to see and do! For many Americans visiting new York means as much as any international tourist -it means freedom and holds the idea that your dreams can be realized. There's also a lot of pain, pride and triumph. I look forward to taking in the culture: fashion week at Lincoln center, musicals on broadway, art in Harlem, the statue of liberty and ground zero.

Tiara Henry tiara_mh[at]hotmail[.]com

• Caitlin Frates

10/20/2010 1:34:21 PM | Reply

My favorite thing about NYC is SHOPPING!! There are so many great stores. It's like a treasure hunt. This is just one of the wonderful things about New York Smile

• Holly

10/20/2010 1:36:00 PM | Reply

You can wander for hours and it never gets old. The opportunities are endless and so is the soul. The culture, the crazy, the calm, the cup cakes, the donuts, the bagels, the pizza, the fashion, the luxury, the list goes on and on. It truly has my heart and is the melting pot of the world.

• Orelle

10/20/2010 1:50:27 PM | Reply

New York City! The most lively place in the world, 24 hours of constant night life. Amazing people everyone is so unique and interesting with their own style wheather your wardrobe is filled with flea market finds and limited amounts of fantastic name brands or all couture, people are united. You can find such a diversity of style and people around you, soho is amazing and so are all the resturants, cafes, hot dog stands, chocolate shops! basically every aspect of NYC is what i love from the small things like street dancers to the subways to the shows and shopping! please choose me <3

• eila alonzo

10/20/2010 2:24:39 PM | Reply

my favorite thing about new york city is the richness of culture - from fashion to music to art and basically everything that defines the city.

• Steffi

10/20/2010 3:44:26 PM | Reply

I've never been to NYC but being there with all those movies and tv shows shooting, all those amazing shops and visiting and seeing everything. It must be perfect.

• Kate

10/20/2010 3:56:11 PM | Reply

my favorite thing about NYC is the city itself -- such great history and architecture.

• Kat

10/20/2010 4:18:44 PM | Reply

What I love most about New York is how it thrills people. There are thousands of different personalities out there and everyone has the chance to find something in NY he/she loves and is passionated about. What is there more to endeavor to?!

• gianinna gini

10/20/2010 4:21:05 PM | Reply

I love New York, and whats not to love about the city, i love everything the energy the cosmopolitan way of live, the oportunities and the fashion! and gossip girl! lol actually my favorite thing about new york is not one thing, or one place, is all toghether is the city, is NEW YORK!!

• Sandra

10/20/2010 4:28:01 PM | Reply

I love New York city because it is literally where dreams do come true. I am a strong believer in that saying and that the city has so many opportunities. Its truly unique and something else. Whenever I am there, because I compute as an actor, I always feel on top of the world and feel like wow I can really change and do something. I am so fortunate that I live so close to the city, so whenever I am feeling down or upset, I have somewhere to go where i feel free and its okay to be me, myself. so yeah all together NEW YORK CITY "IS WHERE DREAMS ARE MADE OF THESE LIGHTS WILL INSPIRE YOU SO LETS HERE IT FOR NEW YORK"

• Katie

10/20/2010 4:39:49 PM | Reply

I love New York because it's wonderful city full of people, amazing events, fashion shows and Gossip Girl tooSmile I have never been there, but I really wish I will be able to go there sometimes!!!

• Karla Connors

10/20/2010 4:40:57 PM | Reply

I love how the city never sleeps....no matter what time of day or night it's alive....anyone can step out a subway, of a bus, a train, out of a cab and feel alive themselves....the city makes me feel alive and that's what I love about it. There is no place like it.

• Yoonmee

10/20/2010 4:45:38 PM | Reply

I love all the yummy food you can find in NYC!  I could just eat my way through that city one block at a time.  =)

• Iris

10/20/2010 4:51:44 PM | Reply

I love that New York is the Most beautiful City in the world .I would like to take a cab and go to the Empire State Building.After that i'm going to the Central Park.Then i will go the places where Gossip Girl shot scenes.Then i want to eat in the Big Apple .Thats Why New York is the coolest City .It has got greatest shops ,people and Gossip Girl takes Place in New york

• Franzi

10/20/2010 4:57:10 PM | Reply

I love the Meatpacking District! Amazing designer boutiques, great restaurants and - of course - the NYC nightlife! It always makes me dream about living one day in the life of Serena.

• Rachel

10/20/2010 4:59:35 PM | Reply

I love the energy in New York it is just amazing.I love the fashion everyone seems to have their own style and they are not afraid to show it off and i also love that most of the places in Gossip Girl are real and not just sets i enjoyed going to all the different locations.

• Allison

10/20/2010 5:02:41 PM | Reply

My favorite thing about new york is Christmas time.

• Samantha

10/20/2010 5:10:58 PM | Reply

I love that New York City is always alive and free, I live there and there is always something to do, something to see, it never ceases to amaze you. The city is beautiful rain or shine and it's where I love to be.

• Desiree

10/20/2010 5:13:29 PM | Reply

I love New York because it the one and only city that seems to inspire every one. No matter what your dreams are, no matter what your age is, no matter what you want, New York gives you the courage and energy to go to the next step.

• Adeline

10/20/2010 5:38:43 PM | Reply

Never been to NY.. But I think I would love to see Barney's. Yes, I said "see" and not "buy at" ;) Too expensive for me but a real dream. I'm a shoe-lover, and I've heard a lot of great things about the Shoe room of Barney's.
    Also, I would love to go somewhere I'll be able to meet some GG stars. ;)

• Deniz Senkan

10/20/2010 6:33:30 PM | Reply

I love the restaurants. Nowhere else in the world can you find some unique restaurant hidden in different corners of the city. The food, whether it be at chic Phillipe, or a local deli, New York City is filled with tastes from around the world as well. The Turkish Kitchen has food as good as back home, and literally if I walk around the corner, there is another restaurant from another culture, waiting for me to taste. New York City is a melting pot of flavors and culture.

• Soleil Herring

10/20/2010 7:02:22 PM | Reply

I've never been to NY, but I would love to see all the fabulous shopping and their famous trademarks- The Empire State Building!

• rachel

10/20/2010 7:17:51 PM | Reply

i've never been to New York, but I would love to go and see all the old buildings. it must be cool to see things that have some real history about them! thanks!

• Saida Herring

10/20/2010 7:31:29 PM | Reply

Hello! I think would I would like most about New York is its famous buildings , the different cultures and the unique atmosphere that is New York. I would love to visit all the historical landmarks, boutiques, and enjoy the delicious cuisine. I believe New York is one of the most famous places in the world for its melting pot of cultures that assimilates into one amazing place!

• denise

10/20/2010 7:44:24 PM | Reply

I ran the NYC marathon a few years ago.  It was one of my favorite days in my life.  I got to run up the middle of 5th Avenue Sunday morning on top of the world as millions of people cheered me on and made me feel like a super star!  It's a city you can be yourself and be accepted.  It's a city so diverse with so many cultures with commonality- they love their home- they love their city with the utmost respect, confidence and passion.  For any city to recover from the horror of 2001- that's magic!

• Emily

10/20/2010 7:46:23 PM | Reply

I haven't been to New York, but from what I've seen of it it seems like a really beautiful city! I love how lively it is and how there's so much to do and so many places to go. When I think of New York I think of the lights and the taxi's and the fashion. I love fashion so it would be a dream to go to that magical city one day.I might not be able to buy much but even just seeing the beautiful wonderful clothes would make me smile and inspire me.

• Thu-Tram Nguyen

10/20/2010 7:57:31 PM | Reply

New York City, how do I even start.
    From the breath-taking sounds and lights at night in TImes Square to the cozy, comforting areas of Central Park, New York has everything and beyond.
    The infamous cheesecakes, the couture on 5th avenue, every part of New York City amazes me.
    I've been there 3 times and each trip was unique and spectacular in its own way.

Although New York itself is my favorite city in the world, the one thing I love about New York is its charismatic and energy. Everyone is so busy and everything is so loud. From dusk to dawn, the city NEVER sleeps. Taxis left to right, people walk in every direction. It's overwhelming, yes, yet because of all this hard work and energy is what makes the city so unique.
    With that being said, as those souvenir t-shirts say, "I heart NY". Smile

• victoria

10/20/2010 8:20:36 PM | Reply

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT NYC. But i really love the lights and all the hustle and bustle. I also love the fashion and GOSSIP GIRL and the shopping and the social scene. I just love everything about New york best city in the world and I will live there one day Smile

• Rebecca

10/20/2010 8:36:13 PM | Reply

I love that every time I got to New York City I find something new to enjoy and love about it.  Everything, from the busy streets in Times Square to the more quiet places I love.  Just being in the city makes me happy.

• Amanda

10/20/2010 8:39:24 PM | Reply

I don't even know where to start.

I love New York for so many reasons. I love the noise: Taxi honks, construction, sirens- the city never sleeps. I love how culturally aware this city is in terms of the fashion, the music, the art etc. It's layout is so unique. From the Lower West Side to the Upper East Side, Brooklyn to Central Park, there are so many different sites and secrets to discover. New York is a force to be reckoned with- no other city in the world is quite like it. I mean, New York is the one and only true destination for the I <3 NY t-shit, cheescake, bright lights (Times Square!), yellow cabs, sky scrapers 5th ave haute couture and so much more.

I've been to NYC 3 times. And I have never wanted to leave. That's how amazing it is. Plus, some of the greatest tv shows/movies have been filmed there i.e GOSSIP GIRL!

This is city is incredible. New York, New York, the city where dreams are lived.

• Erica

10/20/2010 9:11:46 PM | Reply

I've always wanted to go to New York! It seems so magical and so amazing! I was actually suppose to go there this summer but It sadly got canceled a few days before I was suppose to leave. My cousin (we both love Gossip Girl) was suppose to come with my family but she had an accident on a trampoline and broke something in her leg. So we didn't end up going. We're hopefully going to go this summer though!

I've seen a lot of movies and shows that are placed in New York and it just seems like a great city to vist/live in. I've always dreamed of living there. I think it would be so cool to have an apartment there with a big glass window so you could look out at night and see all the buildings lit up! I think it would wonderful to see that!

So I would have to say my favorite thing about New York is what its look is. I think the whole city is beautiful! Wheather it is Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall or night or day.

Smile.

• Becky

10/20/2010 9:49:54 PM | Reply

My favorite thing about New York is that it's filled with people and institutions that can either make or break dreams.  New York is the opportunity for success-- you just have to go for it.

I was honestly thinking of a famous quote this morning about New York that I think says it all.  Finding this contest is fate!
    "If I'd lived in Roman times, I'd have lived in Rome. Where else? Today America is the Roman Empire and New York is Rome itself."  -John Lennon

• Megan

10/20/2010 10:24:45 PM | Reply

I've been to NYC 3 times and I still want to go back. There is no end to the stuff you can do in that city, and there's something for everybody so its the perfect place to go visit.
    I love how you don't even need a car, you can just take the subway or a taxi anywhere.
    Bryant Park is gorgeous (not to mention it has the nicest public washrooms i've ever seen in my life lol) and if I lived in New York I'd go there all the time!
    Finally musicals, musicals, and more musicals! The quality of musicals/theatre there is so high its ridiculous! Even the street performers are amazing!

• Kandi Pack

10/20/2010 10:48:12 PM | Reply

While I've never been to New York, It absolutely comes to life and is completly captivating on screen, in pictures and print. The history, shopping, attractions, and spirit of American have always drawn me and left me wanting more. My favorite thing about New York is just that. The feeling of belonging in a city I've never been to. To live, work, play among all walks of life and still being apart of it weither you are an upper east sider or anything in between is what makes New York truly magical for me.

• Mayra Avila

10/20/2010 10:54:00 PM | Reply

New York is like a world all on its own.

• melissa

10/21/2010 12:38:15 AM | Reply

i never been in new york city before . i think the best part about new york city is the fashion. because i love fashion . that a good city to go to if you a fashion fan.

• Ann

10/21/2010 3:17:49 AM | Reply

I've never been to New York but I dream about seeing it since I've seen the very first episode of Gossip Girl. I think that New York has huge impact on every one who actually saw it and also on those who like me only saw pictures. Frank Sinatra used to sing 'I want to be a part of it' and so am I when one day I'll be there. This is the city that breaths and lives 24/7 but still remains eleganant. Nowadays Alica Keys sings that in New York 'There's nothing you can't do' and I so believe that's true. Everthing is so unique about New York, there's no other city like this in the world.

• Henna

10/21/2010 5:54:51 AM | Reply

I have never been in New York, but i know how beautiful it is with the bright lights at night. I Want to see that. In fact i hope i can someday life there. I have heard so much good about New York. And i want to meet Gossip Girl Cast. Everyone. I Love that show.

• Viki

10/21/2010 7:29:50 AM | Reply

I've never been to New York,but I would love to see the culturally in this city.I mean the fashion,the music,etc... and the different sites I mean Brooklyn, the Upper East Side,etc...Also,I would love to see the Empire Stata Building,Central Park,Times Square and everything.I want I love NY t-shirt.
    I think New York is beautiful and i want to go there.

• Julia

10/21/2010 9:24:16 AM | Reply

Generally, I love everything about New York. Fashion, people, even the whole crowd at every street. I like the way NYC is and will always be so unique than other towns in USA. It has its own spirit. Every person makes it more creative and unusual. NYC is the town where you can find anything and anybody u want to. I've never been there yet, but I'm hoping that maybe in close future I'll visit this amazing town.

• Tea

10/21/2010 10:29:57 AM | Reply

Well, I'm living in a small country, Croatia, across from Italy, and I allways dream of New York. I was lucky to be there at least once! It's just magnificent, the dynamics, the fashion, the style, the arhitecture... Smply, New York is like a world in one. I have a filing that anyone can find themselves there.
    My favorite thing about New York are people. Everyone I met there are so nice and frendly!
    Well, until I return, tv shows like Sex and the city and Gossip Girl remain to remind me of New York.

• Courtney

10/21/2010 11:53:16 AM | Reply

I'd have to say my favorite thing about New York is the dream-like lifestyle. Everyone dreams of living in the city of lights, not to mention the killer fashion! You know you love me, XOXO

• Sophie Zechmeister

10/21/2010 11:53:28 AM | Reply

i'm from a small town in Austria and new york has always represented freedom for me. Not only freedom but the life i want: exciting, pulsating, adventurous, free, inspiring, diversified,...
    what i also love about ny is that there are so many cultures and people in a small space that dont seem to collide but complement each other, its like having parts of the entire world crammed into a tiny island.
    But what I love most about new york is the way it makes me feel. ive never been there but the exhilaration i feel when i see a picture of ny ( and which, frankly, happens quite often actually  since ive got three paintings of new york in my room and it is my screen saver)
    i cant wait until im finished with university and free to move to the most amazing place on earth and to be fully wrapped up in life!

• Celina

10/21/2010 11:54:31 AM | Reply

After watching Gossip Girl, i want to go to New York. My favorite thing is the diversity. So many different people. My favorite people? Leighton, Blake, Chace, and Ed. If i went to New York i would definitely try to meet them<3

• Lou

10/21/2010 12:06:03 PM | Reply

I've been to New York five times now and I just love it there. It's a magical city. You just feel it in the air, everywhere you go, it's like nowhere else !
    It's like it oozes energy, you feel right at home when you're there and at the same time, you just feel enchanted by this magical place
    I dream to live there someday and Gossip Girl keeps feeding this fantasy that I have
    I <3 NY Smile

Sorry for the bad english, I'm french :s

• Lauren

10/21/2010 12:16:32 PM | Reply

I love when you're in New York and you feel like it's the most perfect place for you, it's alive and moving and you feel as if you could be anyone or do anything. You feel like all your dreams can come true.

• Lauren

10/21/2010 12:20:58 PM | Reply

My favorite thing about new york is all the different personalities. you will never find two people that are all alike. everone has their own little "thing",its so artistic and makes everyone truly be an individual.

• Iris Yu

10/21/2010 12:24:41 PM | Reply

My favorite thing about NYC is that good food is always within reach, 24/7.

• Marina

10/21/2010 1:41:53 PM | Reply

My favorite thing about New York is definately the I ♥ NY T-shirts. They're so cute and you can find people wearing them all over the world, just another fact that comproves that New York is the capital of the world.

• Nina

10/21/2010 2:40:24 PM | Reply

I have never been to New York, but you have NO idea of how much I want to go there! My bestfriends have all been there and they keep telling me how wonderful it was there. I can only amagine! The super high buildings, the people, Broadway, Central park, 5th avenue, Time Square. Everything sounds amazing.
    And of course I LOVE Gossip Girl, so when I come to New York I wil deffinetly go to all the places where they have been shooting. I can't wait!

• Brittany

10/21/2010 3:45:50 PM | Reply

I'm from Midland Texas and i've been to New York 5 times in the last few years. New York is one of those places for me where i feel more at home then i do in Midland. There is absolutely nothing about New York that i don't like everything is amazing. I love the buildings, the shopping, how face pace it is and most of all the people. I just love how busy the City of NY is i'm 21 so this is definitely my kind of place i could see myself living in and get around. My last visit to New York i actually got to watch the filming of Gossip Girl which was really exciting. I almost had a heart attack when i saw Ed Westwick and Leighton Meester film the season 2 finale of gossip girl..the scene where Chuck tells Blair he loves her. I'm very glad i got to witness that. I absolutely love the Empire State Building which i been too twice. Being at the top of ESB and seeing all of New York is just breath taking. Especially if you go at night which makes it even better. Like i said even though i'm a Texas girl, i'll always have love for New York. If you haven't been yet, thats something i suggest everyone should do at least once!

• Ezgi

10/21/2010 5:26:43 PM | Reply

i've never been to new york but i would love to shop at bendels, bloomingdales, bergdorfs, and saks JUST LIKE IN GG Smile

• Danila

10/21/2010 6:44:49 PM | Reply

My favourite thing about NYC? It's such a cosmopolitan city. You have the world all gathered there. Different cultures, different styles, different architectures, different people, different languages, different colors. When you go there YOU FEEL you have all you would get by visiting different countries. Smile I just love NYC!! =D And I love GOSSIP GIRL even more if It's possible. =D

• Pat

10/21/2010 6:50:05 PM | Reply

NYC? New York reminds me of Woody Allen, Breakfast at Tiffany's and of course Gossip Girl. There must be some reason why the most intelligent and stylish projects are made there. I've never been there (yet, I hope) but I think that New York makes everyone feel so special. There's no need to be like everybody else. Multiplicity in all areas - from books to boots - is what I really love about The City. No matter what age you are and what's your favourite colour - New York enchats everyone (with no exception!).

• Vicky

10/21/2010 9:01:44 PM | Reply

Hi, I've been to New York before, at leat one time. I totally love NY! Walk around Little Italy and Chinatown, Upper East Side, SoHo. I love going to CentralPark. I love the overall diversity you see almost anywhere you go. I love how there are so many people but everyone is so busy doing their own thing they aren't nosy and getting into your business. I love the train and subway because it's a whole different world and you will see things you never thought you would. I love how NY shine in his own way!

• Cara Lee

10/21/2010 11:26:48 PM | Reply

My favorite thing about New York is how alive it is. Everyone has a purpose, everyone is going somewhere, doing something. There's this kind of electric energy all around you. Sometimes it can make you feel so small, but at the same time, you feel like you can do anything you set your heart and mind to. It's magical.

• Teresa Duddy

10/22/2010 4:34:36 AM | Reply

J'adore New York, because it's a city of individualists culminating together to create a city of broad, versatile, and vibrant diversification. There is no particular mold to fit, but to be one's true self to add to the character of the city.  It would not be complete without the Gossip Girl film crew seen filming by Central Park, the hot dog vendors selling water on the corner of 5th and 58th, the tourists admiring the unique city, or the businessman hailing a cab to Wall Street. It is a city of vivid colors painted by the different characters, the fulgid yellow cabs, and the skyscrapers caressing the overcast sky. I like to take the time to stop and sit anywhere in the city and close my eyes and listen, because it's a city that speaks, you just have to take the time to listen.

• Jonna Voorendt

10/22/2010 10:24:51 AM | Reply

I've never been to New York, but I think I would love all the big buildings and the lights at nighttime. Wouldn't that be magical! And I would love to see a Broadway show. New York = Broadway!

• Sophie Delfosse Campo

10/22/2010 11:46:33 AM | Reply

I've never been in new york, but my favorite thing about this city is the dream of being there. In the gossip girl city !

• Anna Katrina

10/22/2010 3:20:57 PM | Reply

my favorite thing about New York is the street fashion / inspirations its like the sidewalks are NYC's personal runways. And you can't go wrong with the small cafes and shops!

my fingers are crossed!

• Daniela

10/22/2010 4:08:20 PM | Reply

I've never been to New York City, but it's always been a really big dream of mine! There's so much history, and amazing places to visit. I am always watching NYC in movies and tv shows, such as Gossip Girl, and it makes me want to visit even more! It's always shown so beautifully.  There is no other city like it, and that's one of the things I love about it. My favourite thing would probably be the shopping and tourism. It's a magical city full of dreams.

• Daniela

10/22/2010 4:11:08 PM | Reply

• Kayla

10/22/2010 5:02:01 PM | Reply

Going to college in Massachusetts after living in New York for 18 years makes me appreciate how much I love the New York energy. Everything and everyone is always moving so it keeps the city interesting. I really miss the city.

• Sabrina

10/22/2010 5:16:23 PM | Reply

There's this place called Henri Bendel in NYC. It's my paradise.

• Monica

10/22/2010 5:23:02 PM | Reply

I've never been in NYC but I want it so much. I think that NYC is the most beautifulq cosmopolitan and exited city in the world. It's a place where your dreams can come true. There so diffrent people and cultures and that's amazing. I love Gossip Girl and I'm obssesed of it. I really love Serena's style and gypsy 05's fashion.

• Jessamyn

10/22/2010 11:02:52 PM | Reply

I've never been to NY, but I love how much history it has, and all the beautiful places we get to see in our favorite shows or movies, which reminds us that NY is still a place of great opportunity!

• Patricia

10/23/2010 12:01:54 AM | Reply

Best things about NYC: taking a stroll in Central Park and catching a show on Broadway!

• Lauren

10/23/2010 5:28:42 AM | Reply

I haven't had the pleasure of visiting yet, but I can imagine that a week of Broadway shows would be an exhilarating experience! I would love to visit the infamous street vendors and get a pretzel too ;) My guess is NYC is an experience that has to be experienced before you know what you're missing out on!

• Laura

10/23/2010 10:01:33 AM | Reply

NY is so exciting nobody is able to discover it fully!
    It's home of Broadway,has a history and is also always up to date with latest fashion trends,the no.1 brands Smile
    You can be as individual as you want without any people critizicing you-people are so tolerant!
    New York is the 'City of Hopes and Dreams' and the 'City that never sleeps',you have so many chances to get discovered in art,fashion and also in general.
    As the song 'Empire State of Mind' says: The Lights will inspire you - that's oh-so right! <3

• Neringa

10/23/2010 2:10:57 PM | Reply

Unfortunately, I'm not rich enough to even visit New York in a near future (LOL), but I dream about it a lot.
    New York has it's own vibe, it's like a different nation or country - seems like it's not the part of the ordinary world. It has so much contrasts. It would be hard to describe it even in a whole book.
    It's colourful, fun, extraordinary, fashionable, vibrant and amazing.

• Kristine Gravite

10/23/2010 2:54:46 PM | Reply

I've never been to new York but of course I hope to go one day. There is so much that I want to see and do!My favorite thing about NYC is SHOPPING!! There are so many great stores. It's like a treasure hunt.
    hoping to win! loving :*

• Polina

10/23/2010 4:48:29 PM | Reply

If the Earth had been flat New York would have been its center.

It's like a stone thrown into water and creating huge circles. Everything new has to be tested here - in economy (all this stock exchange bubbles were created right here, on the Wall Street), in art (museums and Broadway), in politics (United Nations), and of course, in fashion (where else in the world there is a whole street dedicated to fashion? Where was the Fashion's Night Out created? Where does one of the coolest fashion weeks take place? And where is the best TV-show with the incredible fashion and the ultimate IT-girls and the sexiest boys taking place? of course, I'm talking about Gossip Girl)))

And basically there is no sex without THE CITY -> no children -> no humanity! Smile

If New York hadn't existed people would definitely have created it. Because without it life is boring!! *Concrete jungle where dreams are made of...*

• aza

10/24/2010 4:34:50 AM | Reply

My favorite thing about New York is that it never sleeps, you can go out at 3am and still have a good time. i love the city lights and i love how you can walk around any time of the day and see so many differant people and races and there fashion scence is amazing because everyone is so differant and unique that there fashion is breath takeing i love new york!!!

• Nathalie

10/24/2010 9:46:25 AM | Reply

I think if you appreciate what NY has to offer, you can discover new wonderful things in this magical city every day. You love New York? I'm pretty sure the city will give this love back to you.

• Della

10/24/2010 5:05:18 PM | Reply

My favorite thing about New York City is the sense of possibility you feel when you cross the George Washington Bridge and see the skyline towering ahead.  That feeling of endless potential, energy, and creativity is the common thread between you and all notable New Yorkers of past and present, and its reflected in New York business, art, and fashion.  What an incredible place!

• Annie

10/24/2010 9:24:09 PM | Reply

My favorite thing about New York is how it is such a melting pot. Everyone, people from all over the world come to New York. Everyone in the city is so different but everyone seems to connect cause they are all New Yorkers. I think New York is a city with no judgement. You can wear whatever you want, talk however you want, and and be whoever you want to be in New York.

• Yui Kato

10/25/2010 12:49:39 AM | Reply

What I love about NYC the most is just the city itself. The power it has attracts all the people who come visit.
    I have traveled 25 countries around the world, but NYC is for sure always on the top of my list.
    2 years ago, I landed on JFK Airport, I took a cab with this emotion that can't even describe...almost like excitement but a little different... I just couldn't wait any longer to see the place I've always wanted to see... and there I was... At Times Square. and then SOHO, Central Parck, Brooklyn Bridge...etc...Everything is so different and so beautiful. Just to be there, The city of New York reminded me of my BIG BIG DREAM that I wanna accomplish through my life. I thank the city for that...3 weeks of stay became 4 months of stay...I just couldn't have enough of it!! I still can't!!!Smile Can't wait to go back to the city I love the most in the whole world...

• Bel

10/25/2010 1:47:43 PM | Reply

I've never been to New York, but it seems such a magical city, "where dreams are made"
    I guess I'd love to go shopping there!! It's just the Big City Life that always makes me dream of New York

• Virginia Pérez

10/25/2010 3:13:42 PM | Reply

I love the sensation you get when you first get to the City and think: I've seen this before! The Empire State building, the Statue of Liberty, Wall Street... it's like being in a movie where the main character is you Smile

• patti

10/25/2010 9:13:04 PM | Reply

chocolate chip cookies at le pain quotidien Smile

• anne nightingale

10/25/2010 10:00:27 PM | Reply

NYC a totally magickal place - the city I was born in!  LOVE IT!  With gratiutde!  Smile

• CC

10/25/2010 10:51:51 PM | Reply

Everybody ought to have a little Manhattan in their life!

• Natalie

10/25/2010 11:31:23 PM | Reply

I have been to New York once and it was the most amazing experience of my life.  Between the shopping, the beautiful city glow and the excitement, I have never felt more at home.  When I think of New York, I think of fashion.  When I think of fashion, I think gypsy05.  I can imagine myself walking down Broadway with the gypsy05 tunic on and a cute pair of black tights and a pair of cute heals and of course a little bow headband and cute necklace! (Because style wise, Blair and Serena ALWAYS mix! <3)

• Alice

10/25/2010 11:35:59 PM | Reply

My favorite thing about New York is the little moments. You can stand outside a restaurant, strike up a conversation with a stranger and make a connection. You can sit in Central Park and just people watch and know that there are others doing the same thing. You can find creative and innovative architecture in one part of the city, high power companies and businesses in another part, and flowers and gardens just a few blocks down. It's magical, and the feeling you get when you're in New York, it just makes you feel so alive.

• Kristen

10/26/2010 2:06:04 AM | Reply

I've never been to New York but I have seen pictures and heard amazing stories. What I love about New York is the fun night life, the amazing city lights after the sun goes down and how greatness spills out of New Yorkers fashion sense.

• Ann

10/26/2010 2:26:07 AM | Reply

What I love about New York City is that there's always a place that you've never been to. Manhattan is a small borough but there's more places to go to here than all the other boroughs combined.

• Ann W.

10/26/2010 2:27:40 AM | Reply

acwindsor@gmail.com

• Monica Gunther

10/26/2010 4:47:59 AM | Reply

I would love to go to New York. A few of my friends have been there and they say its absolutely amazing.  They all love the fashion, the environment, and the buildings there. I would love and appreciate having that shirt. I love Gossip Girl!

• Stanislava Veselá

10/26/2010 6:01:34 AM | Reply

Hi! I have never been to NY but its one of my dreams to visit this city. There are many places that I would like to visit, mainly Central Park, Brodway, The Empire State building or the Statue of Liberty Smile

• Stephanie Combs

10/26/2010 8:18:45 AM | Reply

Sitting at the bar in Balthazar in the middle of the day with a cocktail Smile

• Rachael

10/26/2010 8:21:48 AM | Reply

NYC is amazing because of it's fashion, celebrity spottings, food, culture, 5th avenue, Canal Street, fast paced, always exciting, new look on every street, flashing lights, fast cabs & fun nightlife. I love NYC.

• Iselin Francesca

10/26/2010 8:44:54 AM | Reply

I've never been in NY and will probably never go there, since I'm afraid of flying. Especially far distances Frown The thing is that it would have been lovely. Many of my favourite shows has been shot there, and seeing all the locations would be really great.. I'm a big tv/movie enthusiast ^^
    This tunica is really pretty, but I would maybe have given it away to my cousin who is a big Serena fan Smile And then just kept the sertificate myself. Hehe Smile Though keeping it is wuite temptingSmile

• Colette Bauer

10/26/2010 10:27:18 AM | Reply

I have never been to New York but I dream about the energy all the time.  Walking everywhere, always having a reason to glam up, passing so many people and wondering where they are going, the litte cafes and run ins with celebrities.. I can't wait to experience it all someday =]

• alexandra

10/26/2010 10:34:50 AM | Reply

I just spent my first weekend in NYC and my favorite part was that the city allowed me to be brave enough to try little fashion trends I've always wanted to rock, but have been to afraid to wear at home. I let my "fashion knowledge" that I've gathered online assist me in packing and I'm proud to say I felt comfortable wearing each of the outfits I planned out....this was only because NYC is the one city that will take you as you are and allow you to be who you want to be!

• Fatima

10/26/2010 2:16:16 PM | Reply

I LOVE NEW YORK!
    New York City is AMAZING for the simple fact that it is a city that you can never grow tired in.  There is always something fun and exciting going on, whether its fashion or entertainment or a simple stroll through Central Park! The possibilities are endless in NYC; therefore, your life can lead to many great and spectacular things! Who doesn't LOVE New York?!

• shawna

10/26/2010 2:33:25 PM | Reply

I Love New York for massive collective buzz that inspires creativity in artists, designers, chefs, and writers. It is place where anyone can move to  be reborn again and thrive in making their dreams come true. It make take a lifetime of hard work but in the end you will die a New Yorker and will all know New Yorker's never die but are fuel for the city's electric buzz of creativity. That is the buzz you feel in New York, which is unlike any other city in the world.

• Blair Kao

10/26/2010 4:17:19 PM | Reply

My all time FAVORITE thing about New York is Time Square and the energetic vibe it gives off.  It truly is the "city that never sleeps."  There is always something to do, whether it's meeting friends at a bar or stopping by a coffee shop for a little pick-me-up.  I love just watching people walking along the streets and wondering where they are off to.

• Lindsay L

10/26/2010 4:31:38 PM | Reply

I like New York City because everyone is so diverse. Everywhere I go, I meet different, interesting, and down to Earth people. I also like how I am able to wear whatever I want, and I wouldn't be able to do that back at home. Everyone is an individual here and has their own style.

• Pearlyn

10/27/2010 11:16:21 AM | Reply

I've never been lucky enough to step into New york. But I really want to. My parents always tells me that New York is a city that never sleeps and that it is very different from where I live.

The lights that blazes against the dark canvas sky, the sound of glasses clinging as friends get together for a merry-meet and perhaps round the corner, a sprinkle of fate as 2 strangers fall in love.

New York to me is like a movie and that's what I love about it.

• Alex Ednoff

10/27/2010 1:21:56 PM | Reply

very favorite thing about new york is new york shopping Smile

• kate

10/27/2010 1:41:39 PM | Reply

i love that new york is always bustling with people. there's always someone around. My very favorite thing about new york city is warm summer nights walking around the city and sitting outside restaurants enjoying amazing food and watching all the eclectic people walk by! i love new york!!!!

• Nadine

10/28/2010 1:07:01 PM | Reply

New York! The city that never sleeps! The place of endless possibilities!
    My favorite part about NYC would be the fashion and all the shopping! Not only that but you can always find something to do in the Big Apple<3

• Jen Gutierrez

10/28/2010 1:16:29 PM | Reply

I love riding bikes in Central Park in the spring! Best city in the world...

• Toni Stanger

10/28/2010 9:18:48 PM | Reply

I'd love to visit New York. I can imagine standing, at night-time, in the middle of Times Square looking at the beautifully lit up city in all of it's glory! Being the city that never sleeps, I'm sure that been in "the big apple" would be an incredible experience that no one would ever forget. I'm sure my favourite thing would be to then visit a nice café and have some drinks and a nice chat with some close friends and watch the city's night life go by before our eyes; but we'd not let it all pass without joining in here and there! It would be eccentric and surreal. Imagine been in the city where Gossip Girl is set, it'd be amazing!! xoxo

• Natalie

10/28/2010 9:45:38 PM | Reply

I love the twinkle lights all around the city during the holidays!

• Christina

10/28/2010 10:25:51 PM | Reply

The atmosphere in New York is amazing. Its bustling streets and great fashion make it the most iconic city. So many great shows have been filmed there such as Gossip Girl because it is such a beautiful city.

• Jenna Cleary

10/29/2010 1:06:37 PM | Reply

I've never been to the City but of course I dream of going one day. When I go I hope to visit times square, perhaps go on the Today show, ride in a taxi and sit on the side of the road yelling TAXI and of course enjoy a huge piece of pizza! That is what i would love about New YorkSmile

• Olivia

10/30/2010 9:17:35 AM | Reply

I've never been to New York, sadly, but I'd imagine my favourite thing about it would be...Broadway. I already live in Hong Kong, and I have plenty of city lights, malls galore, restaurants - but no Broadway! I'm dying to visit one day and watch so many musicals so many times I'll remember them off by heart. (:

• Nicole Q.

10/30/2010 6:17:49 PM | Reply

I love Bryant Park. In the summer it's full of people just sitting and enjoying the weather, the shady trees, the bocce courts and chess tables. In the winter it has a skating rink and lights strung up all around. It just always seems so cheerful.

• Nicole

10/30/2010 10:26:36 PM | Reply

I have been to New York a couple of times and I have fallen in love. I may be from Los Angeles, but I believe New York is THE melting pot of different countries and cultures. I love the different people you see everyday and the variety of restaurants, cafes, stores, etc. I also love love love the busy streets and lifestyle. I feel more at home when I am constantly moving and working!

Nicole